Sunday, June 21, 2009

A good June

It's been a good June. Mimi and Pop were up visiting the first of the month. That was great. Dad and I knocked out the new chicken pen. Pop really made it happen. Jake, Pop and I saw Star Trek. Two thumbs up. Mimi was able to stay a few extra days while I was at IFT. The day I got back, we saw Up and ate at The Pit. Both were excellent. Jake finished up an excellent first season of coach pitch with the Yankees. They had a tough squad that steadily improved and he had a strong season. We built a new tomato support system. The design was passed to me by a coworker, Keith Hendrix, who is a gardener extraordinaire. Anyone who saw my support system last year knows that this is a drastic improvement. I mulched the garden yesterday (06-20-09) with straw from the new chicken pen (fertilized and seed free). It should cut back erosion, keep water in (good for those 100F days), and help with the weeds. I watered the garden with our rain barrel (gravity fed) that is up by the storage building. Got to try and keep it green! Kids splashed around yesterday in the kiddie pool, they loved it. We just finished an excellent bible school at St. John's. It was outstanding! Jen and the kids hooked me up today with some wonderful father day cards and a Yguides memory book... sweet! We are planning for the Pierce family reunion next weekend. Meeting much of the family on Topsail Island. This is always a highlight of the Summer. Mimi and Pop are joining us this year which will make it even better. Sue has picked out the family colors: black and white. Eating out there at Maple Hill is ridiculous. Lots of good folks enjoying one another and the pretty country. We live a blessed life. Our best to all. JPD and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment